Design Wall Monday, July 16, 2018


This is the start of the John Deere commissioned quilt for a two year old boy.  Violet Anne has this coming to her in August when I travel to Maryland.  The piece of yardage on the right is the back.  Mom and I came together with our stash for this one so far.  

The fabric on the left will be used for the binding.  I'll be cutting it on the bias for the diagonal affect.  The pieces to the right are components of the pieced border that will go around the project.  I'm working towards a crib size or 40" x 60".

The photo above shows the finished look of the pieced border and the many solid borders to build up the size to what I want.  Kerry is lined up for quilting with a very cute tractor design.  I will be sharing the pieced border next time.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Its going to be nice.m

Nancy J said...

Delivery by hand, and hand made, the best gifts of all. love all of it.

Janet O. said...

This is looking very fun for the little tractor lover. :)