Design Wall Monday, September 12, 2016


Today I spent a lot of time on Kloggs.  This is a design by Lori Smith called Pinwheels for Caroline.  It will be a big king size quilt.  Either my Sister or I will end up with it on our bed.  My friend Bonnie gifted me the pattern a couple of years back.  Originally I had thought to make this one a smaller size, but no calculations and an abundance of fabrics not to mention two of us wanting a new quilt for our bed...
I have all the pinwheel blocks to through the first two seams with only one more sew. My Design Wall won't hold all of it that is for certain.  The next block to sew which is part of the border is the Northwind Block.
Today I took out my Fall inspired quilts and to my surprise found corks that I didn't know about.


Looks like another birdhouse will be under construction.  This one is the second made.  It was made with my Mom and Dad when I visited with them recently.  I already miss them and it hasn't yet been a week.

I will be enjoying the company of Sunshine Quilt Guild Members on Tuesday.  It is always a good time seeing and hearing what everyone else has going on.  Enjoy your week!

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love that little house, and the colours in your quilt, And why not sew and quilt one just for yourselves.

Janet O. said...

Oh, that will be a warm and cozy bed quilt! How will you decide which one of you is lucky enough to get it?
Very cute birdhouse. I have never seen one made from cork before.

Churn Dash said...

I love how your quilt is looking. The birdhouse, totally adorable.
Helen

Betty said...

Quilt is looking great, Good luck on who is going to be the lucky owner.. glad that I am able to do a bit of typing, my hand is better today than it has been in a month. So Happy. Do you have enough corks to make another birdhouse? Ours is hanging in the oak tree. I hope we get a mommy to arrive, probably in the spring. We will bring it in during the winter months.
Have a great weekend.

Kerry's Quilting said...

Bird house is so cute. Quilt is looking great-looks like a big one. See you soon!