Sunday Stash Report, July 17, 2016


Finally I have something USED!  Kayenne was finished on Monday.  This pleases me more than you can imagine.  It is a beautiful project that was too long in the making for me.  May UFO is in the books.  Designed by Valori Wells called High Desert Paprika.

I plan to use this wide batik fabric for the back.  I have had it in my stash for awhile now just waiting for Kayenne.

Now is the start of June UFO, Kookoo Katchu.  I just love saying this, it is just fun =^.^=  I have all the pieces cut now.  Today I'll be at the sewing machine stitching away.  Kookoo Katchu has an applique border which will slow me down a little bit.  This design is by Linda Ballard called A Gaggle of Geese.  Hope I can finish this project this month.

I have the binding and sleeve machine stitched down on Sunshine Quilt Guild Opportunity Quilt.  You may recognize the design from Bonnie Hunter called Garden Party.  The hand stitching comes next.  Tickets will soon be available...

Used this week:  21 yards
Used YTD:  109.25 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  83 yards
Net used in 2016:  26.25 yards

See others working through their fabric stash at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

Though you may be off schedule, I think this is a very appropriate finish for July--it is explosive! I expect to hear loud booms and "Stars and Stripes Forever" playing in the background when I look at it. Pretty amazing stuff, Sandi!

Teresa in Music City said...

I've enjoyed watching this one come together - it is absolutely stunning!!! Great finish :*)

kwiltnkats said...

Thank you Janet! You've got me singing...🇺🇸

kwiltnkats said...

Teresa, it's one of my most challenging UFOs for the year. Very happy with it. I think the sashing really brought the best out of the New York Beauties.

Katie Z. said...

Kayenne is amazing! I love the backing too.

Dar said...

Kayenne is stunning. You have done well to finish up two fabulous qui8lts.