Sunday Stash Report, April 26, 2015

I added this week, but the yardage won't be around for too long!  Paradise Sewing in Poway had a wonderful sale that I took advantage of on backings for both Kamikaze and Komatose.  These two projects are on my 2015 UFO List.
If you have been visiting here lately then you are aware that I've been working on the units for Kamikaze.  This is a Bonnie Hunter design called Midnight Flight that was first brought to us through Quiltmaker Magazine as a block and then in Bonnie's latest book as a project.   
Knowing how big a project this is...a start is a good thing.  The first two rows of units are the Blade 1 and Blade 2 units.  These were made by various quilters in a swap that I coordinated a few months back.  Next the black/neutral HSTs and then the constant red/neutral and constant orange/neutral 4-patches.  Can you see all the units in the block and a half above? 
The next two units are part of the border along with the four corner stones on the wall with the block and  half.  I have them finished now, but when these photos were taken a few were still in the "making".  The same orange used in the 4-patches will be the binding.   
All units are done now.  I am considering moving on to another UFO on the list that has lots of units...there are several of them.  Komatose that is Bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday design will more than likely be next.  I have already started separating the teals, pinks, oranges, and greens along with the white on white neutrals that will be used in this project.

Today I plan on quilting of Klue (Sunshine Quilt Guild's Clue Mystery), preparing binding, and sewing down the rick rack flower stems of Krazy Kookoos 2.  Kerry of Kerry's Quilting has given me four quilts ready for the next step in their road to a finish.  I hope you have time to check back tomorrow to see Kooter Klan, Krazy Koons, Krazy Koons 2, and Krazy Kookoos 2!

Enjoy your Sunday and see others using up their stash through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 116 yards
Purchased this week:  15 yards
Purchased YTD: 64.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  51.75 yards

3 comments:

WyoPat said...

Love that gold background fabric!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Great usage! i am at -21!!!! Feels great!

Janet O. said...

I have long loved Midnight Flight, but I see all of those units and I'm not sure I will ever make it. I will just admire yours! : )