Sunday Stash Report, April 19, 2015

Today continues with me sewing on my Kamikaze project.  This one is by Bonnie Hunter called Midnight Flight.  I'm working on the 4-patches you can see in the top left of the "At A Glance" section in her book.  Love this section by the way!  
You may recall seeing these two fabrics last week when I added them to my stash...  Time to get them in to use.  Along with the neutrals that have all come from my stash.  1 1/2" squares are what's needed.  I had 552 of the 864 neutrals already cut and ready to assemble.  Below are more that are in longer strips.  I'll cut them to what will finish at 1 1/2" increments and sew them after all the 552 have been used.  Below are two piles I'll use one 3" and the other 4 1/2".
Here is the first group ready to be cut.  Half with red strips and the other with orange.  These two colors sound odd together but the overall result works well with purple, blue, and black.
Started assembling the orange first.  By nights end on Saturday I have 147 orange 4-patches and 26 red 4-patches.  I need 218 of each color combination.  Guess what I'll be doing today while the washer and dryer are going?
No changes to my stash stats this week...but you can see I'm working on that!  Enjoy your Sunday and see others using up their stash through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 116 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD: 49.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  66.25 yards

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

I can see there are lots of small blocks in this one, happy stitching.

Libby in TN said...

Midnight Flight is on my bucket list. I love the movement and the color combination.

Anonymous said...

I love the bright colors! ~Melanie

Dar said...

Lots of piecing ahead for you. Your stash numbers look real good for the year.