Thursday, April 25, 2013
I continue to work on Kartwheels. Today I was happy to spend nearly my entire day sewing. I have nine of the 16 stars done. Until I have all of them sewn I won't put the parts together. The stars get sewn to the corners of the arcs making them into a square. I have a little bit of playing around to do with colors.
These are the fabrics I've been using for the stars. The darks on the left are also what I used in the arc points. I think the red melons stand on their own well so I decided early on not to use them again. Perhaps I'll use a red for the binding. Wait until you see what comes next with the pieced border...
This next photo if a corner of my sewing room. On the top far right and all on the bottom row were all made by me at Country Loft. There are a couple more "cat" doll patterns that in time I hope to add to my collection. They sure are fun to do.
I'm looking for another day of star making tomorrow. TGIF!