Design Wall Monday, January 27, 2013


It was a wonderful quilt show this weekend.  Besides the fabric purchases that I made on Sunday these items made there way to my sewing room.  My Mom won an opportunity to make a selection from a treasure chest and I benefited!  I made the selection of the FQ brown/black batik.  Thank you Mom...  I took advantage of Olfa's show special with a cutting mat.  Finally this nice pattern by Annie Unrein called High Voltage.  I've been doing a lot lately with black/white and white/black prints so this had pattern had to come home to use up some of the scraps.


This is the first class I took with Marti Mitchel.  It's Seven Sisters Simplified.  The "simplified" part is not having to do "Y" seams.  It's all straight line stitching.  I finished two blocks during class.  I'm being a bit challenged in locating the right gray fabric for the backgrounds.  The rest of my fabrics are all reproduction.  The solid parts (triangles) will be a solid gray.  This may change as the quilt comes together, but that's the current plan.  I'll be working on this one the next couple of weeks.


Next up is Expect the Unexpected by Karen Sievert that was the mystery on Friday night.  There isn't a photo in the pattern of the quilt put together beyond the one I've shown below.  Sorry my first two blocks are a bit rumpled...  I've got parts put together but these are the only two blocks that were finished.  It's quite a beautiful design.  This project is my #13 UFO Challenge..."for extra credit".


See other quilters work if you have time.  Monday's can be quite inspirational through all the link ups provided at Patchwork Times. 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, Sandi, High Voltage looks like a great pattern! Can't wait to see that come together.
The Seven Sisters quilt block has always intrigued me and I am even more intrigued that it can be done without Y-seams.
The mystery quilt looks like it will be very pretty when it all comes together.
You came home with some pretty intense new projects, but, knowing you, they will all get finished in a timely manner. : )

Kathie said...

Hope you and your mom are having a wonderful time.