Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I finished four holiday ornaments that will become gifts for next year.  It's a block I found from a link on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Blog.  I enlarged it to make small individual quilts that will finish around 17 x 20.  Right now they are at 8 1/2" square.

This is how the blocks I've been making all year turned out.  I was participating with other quilters at Jo's Country Junction.  We made a 12 1/2" block each month that would come from Lori Smith's From my Heart to Your Hands series of patterns called Quilt Squares.  We made three from each of #1, #4 and #6.

Several quilters made small quilts with their blocks.  I plan on making a sampler lap quilt with mine.  I'm looking for ideas now with plans to finish it in 2013.

December's Sawtooth Star with QSTs


Janet O. said...

Just sitting here at the computer while I wait for the Wassail to come to a simmer.
Your ornament blocks turned out very cute. Are you putting multiple borders on them.
Love your quilt squares. Do you have either one of Sharyn Craig's books on settings? I love those for inspiration.
Merry Christmas, Sandi!

betty said...

Wow! nice ornaments, and what a name for a quilt, you will need a big tag to put on that one. Bet no one will forget that name, lol

Kathie said...

Love the ornaments, hope you had a great Christmas. Thanks so much for the nice card.