Friday, July 6, 2012


Klowning
53" x 53"
I have my July UFO Challenge complete.  I hadn't originally planned to use the outer border fabric as I did.  I purchased this way out fabric with the crazy zigzag running all through it in all the colors of the center blocks.  I thought I might cut it the length of the fabric to present all the colors on every side.  Then I stumbled on the look of it if I'd cut it on the width of the fabric instead.  Having the purple nearest the purple corner squares in the sashing really looks striking in my opinion.  The slight touch of yellow in the outside also adds a little punch.  I did loose most of the pink using the zigzag as I did.  Thought I'd use the black multi dot for a binding, but now I'm leaning towards more yellow.  Auditions will come after it's quilted.  This pattern is called Little Monkey by Bonnie Hunter and can be found FREE on her website

TGIF!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Very striking quilt, the border works really, really well. Congrats on getting a UFO to the finished flimsy stage.

linda said...

Your blocks make a really pretty quilt and the border just adds more life and zing. I love this quilt.2

Tamera said...

That border really adds something to the quilt! I think you're on the right track concerning yellow binding.

Kathaleeny said...

I love Bonnie's patterns. You really made this hour own.

Sarah said...

Monkey wrench blocks are one of my favorites and of course, Bonnie's patterns are always wonderful! Congrats on the finish!

Dar said...

What a wonderful finish. The border just makes the whole thing sing!! Nice choice.