Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I have been working on finishing Kalvert Kliffs by the end of March.  I am not so sure it will happen :(!



Starting after dinner and kitchen cleanup, I only had one pieced border unit sewn.  All fortunately were cut into the pieces I would need.  Some of the squares were marked for the sew line, but most were yet to draw.  I had that done when KoKo came to sit with me.

You see he is pondering what I will use for the inner border...  From the fabrics that remain that are big enough there is green...


or red...

or blue...

Sorry but there wasn't enough room on the wall for setting the pieced border units next to the third choice.  Do you have a favorite?  The inner border is 2" finished so it will be the same size as the units that make up the blocks.  After the pieced border another solid border is part of the design.  It will probably end up being black.

The calendar isn't standing still =^.^=

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Love the shot of Koko pondering.
Hard to say for sure without seeing it from a distance against the whole quilt, but my best guess would be to go with the red or blue. The green appears pretty dark and if you are going to end with black, I would be inclined to use one of the lighter/brighter two colors on the inner border for more contrast. Now, after seeing it against the whole quilt, if it looks lousy, I wouldn't listen to a thing I just said. : )

Betty said...

Out of what you posted, I would go with the red, it makes the border pop more than the other. But your choice will be the one, you have excellent taste. Hugs.

Jennifer said...

So nice that you have help in your studio! I prefer the red border from the pictures you showed. Look forward to seeing what you choose.