Sunday Stash Report, September 6, 2015

I raided Mom's stash of green!  These fabrics will go in my September UFO, Komatose.  A Bonnie Hunter design is again on the sewing table with her design called Lazy Sunday.  While I'm visiting my parents I thought I might cut pieces of purple for this project that I brought from home, but instead green hit the mat and rotary cutter.  (Kerry gets a share of these greens too!)  Time didn't allow for the fun trip to quilting shops north of Maryland in Pennsylvania, but next time I'm visiting we'll give it a go.  So besides a quick stop at Joann's for thread there hasn't been a fabric store in sight.  Maybe this is a good thing...
You may remember the Eagle quilt several of us worked on that was to be donated to the Charlotte Hall Veterans Home.  This is the view as you maneuver your way to the residence.  Once inside we were greeted by the staff.  The photo below was taken in the dining area.  There are rooms for 450 veterans of which 400 were occupied.  Women and men share this residence with the youngest in their 50s and the oldest three celebrating 100 this year.  The two quilts to the right and left were pieced by my Mom.  There were three other quilts donated this day by us from quilters of Quilters by the Bay one of my Mom's quilt guilds.
Saturday Mom and I worked together to figure out a setting for her "house" blocks.  The next photo is what we came up with.  Kerry has agreed to quilt it; so it goes back with me.  The quilt should give a little cheering up to a child through the Project Linus organization.  We have another project in work that I'll share with you tomorrow.  Until the next time find time to create something wonderful!

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  189 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  118.25
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  70.75 yards

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love those greens, veteran's quilts, made with love, and the border round the houses, bright and beautiful.

Janet O. said...

I like seeing the quilts at the veteran's home. What a great thing.
What a happy, bright housing project. That will surely bring some child joy!