Sunday Stash Report, March 18, 2012

Good day for sewing in a rain soaked San Diego, California!  We got the rain on St. Patrick's Day and into the wee hours of today.  Hail hit sometime very early in the morning.  I didn't move around far enough to see the time, but it could certainly be heard hitting the windows.  I heard there was a very good chance of snow not too far east of us.  It always seems weird that not more than an hours drive away weather can be so different.






I stayed dry at Rosie's Calico Cupboard in a workshop directed by Myra Mahy.  We had lots of fun cutting, pressing in the so important right direction and then spinning our seams to make her Autumn Rush pattern.  Amazingly with all the prep work I didn't get to finish more than one Block 1.  You see this project takes a variety of fabrics to make it work; therefore lots of prep work.  The pattern has you making for Block 1, 16 HSTs and then another 20 squares...that for those of us scrapaholics must be all different you know!  I started off the workshop with the gray for the lattice, the teal for Block 2 and the pinks all purchased...yes you know what that means to this report need I say more?



Speaking of pink...thought I'd share with you Australian Homespun issue 13-2 with my quilt Kolonial appearing in the first few pages of the magazine.  Don't know if you'll be able to read the words well enough or not.  It's Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing design where instructions were provided in an earlier issue of the magazine.  Can you see all the neat things I won? 

I'm still working on a magnitude of other projects.  Can't seem to finish any single one of them to make my USED entry bigger.  It will happen though and I promise when it does that NET is going to look real good.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 46 yards
Purchased this week: 3.75 yards
Purchased YTD: 25.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 20.25 yards

Have fun sewing this week!


3 comments:

Dar said...

The fabrics you have laid out on the table look yummy. I'm confused about your net totals though. How is that possible? :)

Kerry's Quilting said...

Love the color choices for the Autumn Rush quilt. So sad I was not able to make the workshop-it sounded like fun.

Janet O. said...

That is a very pretty quilt you are making. And kongrats on being in the magazine and winning cool things. How fun is that? Kolonial looks amazing. Great job!