Design Wall Monday, May 11, 2015

This is not up on my design wall, but what I'm working on this week.  I will be guiding a workshop on Sunday, May 31st at Paradise Sewing in Poway, CA to make this Quilt Carry Bag.  My Mom will be in town and she'll be helping out too.  It is very simple and can be made from scraps you probably have on hand.  The main part of the bag uses 2 1/2" strips.  I will need to purchase some twill tape for the handles, but this project is nearly complete.
This photo shows sewing the strips across the lining/batting.  Yes, a quilt as you go project.
 Rolling up the unsewn part so that it flows well while the strips are being sewn in place.
This is the bag finished less the handles.  If you are in the area and interested in attending the 4 hour workshop to make one for yourself give Paradise Sewing a call.

Sunshine Quilt Guild Monthly Meeting is Tuesday night.  I have lots to share.  I'll also be dropping off a quilt for the Chula Vista Quilters' Guild Annual Quilt Show that takes place this weekend.

Hope that you have a wonderful week.  Mine is going to be a busy one!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Interesting looking process. I have never made a QAYG project of any kind.
Good luck with your workshop, Sandi!