Design Wall Monday, July 14, 2014



My Smith Morning Mountain project is done.  I just love how this Bonnie Hunter design turned out. Hopefully it can get quilted and bound before October when Bonnie will be here.  I'm planning on a dark blue for the binding.  Will need to audition threads but I'm thinking something neutral will be best.

These are the blocks for the retreat location that need to be set.  They are all from the Bible Quilt blocks series that can be found at www.patternsfromhistory.com.  At the moment a straight setting is planned.  Will need to use some coping strips with these.

Next up is the San Diego Humane Society's fundraiser quilt.  This is the design we will be making by Heartstring Treasures (Patti Bartlett) called Cat and Mouse Games.  Kerry and I have been doing this now for several years.  It will be auctioned off during the annual Fur Ball held the third week of August.  Last year we made a dog theme...this year will be cats.

After Cat and Mouse Games comes my July UFO.  I sure hope Cat and Mouse Games goes together quickly.  My UFO is also with cats...surprised?  This one is by Patti Carey called Kool Kats Kwilt.  I think I'll go with the bright fabrics, but not sure about the border which in the design uses a cat stripe (#2147-67) that was produced by Northcott.  This pattern has been around for some time so finding that stripe might be impossible.  I'll make something work.




I signed up for two classes at Road to California Quilt Show.  Thursday is the first class called Batik Feathers and Friday will be the Downtown Abbey Mystery I.  I will be entering four quilts for show consideration.  I need to pen the Artist statement...the hardest part of the entry application!  Krackerjack, Kilowatts, Krossfire, and Kookaburra are what I'll try to get into the show.

More projects to admire today through the links at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

SMM looks wonderful, Sandi!
Your two cat themed quilts are cute. Love how the tails spiral together in that last one. I admire clever people who come up with ideas like that!

Aunt Marti said...

Sandi, you make me want to dedicate a year to Bonnie Hunter quilts!

Ramona said...

Your Smith Mountain Morning is just gorgeous! The blues just pop and look wonderful. Your cat quilts are cute, too.

Betty said...

AWESOME, SUPER, What a fantastic finished quilt. I love what you did with the borders, and the binding will be perfect in blue. I like your choice for the fur ball auction. Really a cute one. You picked two good classes. Batik Feathers sounds very interesting. I know how you love those batiks.