Sunday Stash Report, August 25, 2013



I started and finished the size I want this project to be on Bonnie Hunter's 2013 Summer Leader and Ender project.  The split 9 Patch is complete for me; I'll be calling mine Kwiver (thanks Janet O.).  Mine is made with 144 blocks.  I decided not to add the three borders Bonnie shows from Pennsylvania on the instructions.  Instead I added blocks all the way around.  I will probably finish off in the binding with something consistent.  Happy with how this project turned out. 

I did add a bit for the class I will be taking at the San Diego Quilt Show in two weeks.  It is with Joyce Weeks called Survivor on September 5th.  These fabrics are from Keepsake Quilting called Mourning Grays.  I added a very small amount from my stash; too bad but not heavy in the reproduction fabrics to get from.  Kerry plans to see what she has that might add more variety to the mix.  I've already landed upon a name for my Survivor; what do you think of Konqueror?

I'm busy planning and purchasing my next projects.  I've got four on the "burner".  Fabric for Kartwheels that needs a binding, fabrics for a Buggy Barn class, and a special birthday project for my sister that turns 50 this year.  Today I'll be sewing down the binding of Koriander Kompass and having fun at a social at Jennifer's home showing off progress on Deck-Ade The Halls.  

For now my stash stats for the third week of August 2013...

Used this week:  13 yards
Used YTD:  258.5 yards
Purchased this week:  3.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  60.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  198.25

I'm pushing o get to 200 yards used; wish it wasn't necessary to purchase to complete!  For more stash busting quilters see the many links at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Great name for Kwiver, nice to have friends suggesting names. I think the name fits perfect. Very nice quilt.
Konqueror is another great name. I can't help out with the reproductions fabrics, none on hand. Keep knocking them out....luv you.

Aunt Marti said...

Oooh, can't wait for details on the trip to San Diego. I'm hoping that will be My Little Sailor's next Navy assignment!

Suzanne said...

Great finish and your numbers are looking wonderful!

Janet O. said...

Kwiver looks wonderful! I love the layout.
Oh, those mourning prints are right up my alley. Can't wait to see what you are creating with them. : )