Design Wall Monday, August 19, 2013

Happy Monday!  Can you believe we are halfway through August already?  I've made a pretty good dent in my 2 1/2" squares and strips with Bonnie Hunter's Summer 2013 Leader and Ender Challenge!  Split 9 Patch!  I even made it larger than the gorgeous example she pictured from Pennsylvania circa 1900.  Just like the last project, Korral, that I finished recently...this one presented a challenge getting all the 9-patches going the right way.  I think I have it right now, but will need to look with a fresh view tomorrow before I start sewing the blocks together.  I'll be thinking on a "K" name in the meantime.  Are there any suggestions that come to mind?
Once this was on the wall I started working on the next download of Deck-Ade The Halls.  It's the trees this time.  All the pieces have been cut for sewing to begin later tonight.  The next social at Jennifer's home is Sunday.  I'm sure to be up-to-date by then.  Everyone coming is to bring something to add to a salad.  Sounds like we will be having a good time too as we'll be playing Left Right Center.  I've not played it before have you?  The ante will be three FQs.


Lot's of others working on their projects; take time and check them out through the links at Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your sewing room as much as you can!


8 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 2.5 in quilt. I have a bunch of 2.5 in squares and strips, I just may give this one a try. It is beautiful!

Janet O. said...

Split 9-patch has long been a pattern I have wanted to make. One of the first patterns I tore from my Mom's old quilting magazines when I first decided to start quilting--so you know I love it.
You've done a beautiful job, and quickly (as usual). This layout made me think of the lines showing the effects of an earthquake going out from the epicenter (maybe not a reference you would care for, living in an earthquake zone), so I thought of "Kuake" or "Kuiver". That may be cheating, since they aren't a true hard "C" sound, but that is my suggestion. : )

Barb in Mi said...

Beautiful! How about Kuadrat?

Melinda said...

I am still working on bowties but I really love your split nine patch Maybe I can do it next (after I made a few hundred more bowties)

Melinda said...

I am still working on bowties but I really love your split nine patch Maybe I can do it next (after I made a few hundred more bowties)

Betty said...

Another nice job. Ir ia beautiful. Slow down, I will never catch up with you lol.

Judy Dietrich said...

Have you ever titled a quilt just K. That is Bonnie's initial she uses when she writes out her name on her blog. Just an idea. This has lots of motion in it--Love the design.

Tosty's Quilting Tidbits said...

You will love Left, Right, Center. It's really fun and the winner makes a haul!!!!! My little group has played several times and my old Thimbleberries Group at the LQS played too. Enjoy!!!!