Design Wall Monday, July 29, 2013

Krazy Kattle is coming along nicely.  The herd has grown to 15.  There are two different ways I am considering for the layout.  In the pattern by Buggy Barn (Crazy 'Til the Cows Come Home) there are 18 cows, a barn, and the farmer's house.  The barn is placed in the top right and the farmer's house on the bottom left.  If I go this design I have only three more cows to make...  The second layout which was presented in the class has no houses, 20 cows, and a picket fence border.  I have six more cow blocks cut so I can do either design.  The barn, farmer's house, and picket fence border haven't been started.  Decisions!!!
Can you guess what I am working on while making Krazy Kattle?  Need a hint?  Krazy Kattle can not be chain pieced...is that enough or do you want another?   
 If you guessed right you would have been saying Bonnie Hunter's newest challenge "Summer 2013 Leader and Ender Challenge! Split 9 Patch!"  I need to do something with my 2 1/2" strips and squares too.  I really like the Perkiomen Valley Split 9 patch quilts she shares with her instructions.  I have set out to make one for myself.
Have no idea how big this project will end up, but I'm going to go until I can see the bottom of the 2 1/2" storage container.  It will be great to use up this stash.  If you are interested in this challenge you can go to Bonnie Hunter's website and print it off for free.

7 comments:

AnnieO said...

Great herd you've got going, love the plaid udder :). Looks like another gangbuster leader-ended from Bonnie too. Have fun!

Janet O. said...

These cows are so charming, Sandi! Either layout sounds cute to me.
That is a great "in between" project you have going. I do like that pattern.

Nancie said...

Love your cows! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

So cute your cows! I love them! Love the colors too!

Betty said...

I knew your cows would be almost done. They are all looking so good. It is not like you to have three or four quilts going at the same time. lol, you probably will get them all done at the same time. Like your leader-ender from Bonnie Hunter.

Grit said...

Oh so fantastic. The cows are so lovely.

Gari in AL said...

Great cows. I would love to see the house and barn but with the other cows already cut out, it would be hard to not use them. Decisions, decisions.