Friday, June 22, 2012


Today is my DH's Birthday.  I'll be treating him to a dinner out and a surprise coming into his email box...he loves this kind of surprise.  The Birthday card I selected for him is all too cute (of course it must meet the "cat on it" criteria =^.^=)!

I thought I'd do a shout out for a friend of mine who just recently opened up a quilt shop in Leonardtowne, Maryland.  Olde Towne Stitchery, LLC.  Kathie has been getting fabric and notion deliveries in nearly every day or two since her doors opened.  She's building her class schedule too with some nice projects.  Don't know if you happen to be in her neighborhood, but if so find your way to her shop.  Tell her I sent you :)!

Kerry's been at Asilomar all week with Brenda Papadakis.  She took her week long workshop last year and is becoming a regular.  About half of the attendees this year are returnees according to Kerry.  She's assembled 20 blocks so far; each and every one look great.  Pictures are coming to her blog soon.

I finished my Crabapple Swap blocks last night with the pressing.  I'm happy to have this project complete...for now.

Next up and the last project that needs to complete in June is my Quilt Square Quilt Along Block with Jo's Country Junction (there's a link on my sidebar).  I'm to make a Corn and Beans block (top right) from Lori Smith's Quilt Squares Pattern #4.  More to see on this in the coming days.

Check back on Sunday to see how I'm using up my fabric stash!  Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I like the COrn and Beans block, but that is a lot of little HSTs!