Wednesday, March 3, 2011

I spent the evening working on binding.  I have nearly finished the first of three denim quilts with only one more corner to turn.  Sewing down binding on a denim quilt isn't exactly fun...if you understand what I'm saying!

Following up on a comment about what the Bullseye project might look like, I've attached a photo of Barbara's Show and Tell.  The winner of the BOM will have blue as the background for their project.  It does have a neat look don't you think?

Barbara is holding the quilt on the left--hiding!  Karen is our current President.

These are the fabrics selected for Kourageous Bellflower my #1 UFO with Judy's 2011 UFO Challenge.  This one has lots of pieces and sections that I'll divulge in a future post, but it only has four total fabrics.  These two animal skins should do the flower justice and the olivey green seems to work well with both of them.  Any opinions?

Kourageous Bellflower fabrics

I'm gearing up for the weekend's Cruisin' Quilters Run of local quilt shops in San Diego county.  The furthest north being in Fallbrook and south in Chula Vista.  There are five of us sharing a ride this Saturday (the first day of the "hop").  We are cruisin' the southern shops, leaving from Poway at 9am and heading to Ramona (futhest east).  We'll take in eight of the 16 shops (plus one not on the run) with lunch at some point during our travels.  This year's free block theme is animals.  I wonder if a future quilt project is in the making...  I'm taking my animal skin fabrics with me in hopes of picking up a FQ of something I don't have now to consider for Kourageous.  I'll also be looking for fabrics that are gaps in 2011 UFO projects.  Wht better time to find fabrics when a visit to all these shops takes place.  More on the 2011 Cruisin' Quilters Run to follow. 

Keep stitching!

5 comments:

Betty said...

What a super way to enjoy all the fabric stores and with great friends. Have fun, but watch out for all that beautiful fabric waiting for a new home. lol

Kathie said...

That sounds like a perfect way to spend a saturday. I will look forward (lol) to seeing your sunday stash report after this shop hop.

JudyCinNC said...

Our Kids live in Fallbrook - so next time we get to CA I will be sure to go to some quilt shops. Have fun on your shop hop. I find that it is always better to "attack" these hops with something specific to look for - always ends up worthwhile don't you think.

I think maybe I would have made the green just a tad bit brighter. For some reason, it does not do justice to the other fabrics. IMHO only from Judy C

Unknown said...

Holy cow, Sandi! 16 shops.....when we left San Diego 15 years ago, I can remember Rosie's Calico Cupboard, and that's it! So would you be so kind as to recommend a few of the others after your visits. We are coming out in 2 weeks, but I will only have little bits of time to get to any of them.....I love to see lots of inspiration quilts at shops....and love antique/early quilts, I'm not much into the modern-wow colors or art quilts. Any suggestions would be truly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Regan

kwiltnkats said...

Regan, check this link out for all the quilt shops that are part of this "hop". http://www.cruisinquilters.com. I'll be posting information on Saturday or Sunday about the stores. Fat Quarters in Vista and Country Loft in La Mesa are the two shops in San Diego most into reproduction fabrics and the antique/early quilts you mention. Sandi