Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sally and Mary

Eleven have turned in to date. I'm still not yet finished with mine...tonight might be the night.  There are seven busy sewing for a June 30th due date.

Mom left yesterday :(.  Her flights were all good through to Tampa where she'll spend some time with my Brother and SIL before heading back home to Maryland.  We had a great visit and are both already thinking of the next time we'll be together.  I'm trying to encourage her to come in late September when the next weekend sewing retreat is scheduled. 

My presentation on Monday night at Canyon Quilt Guild was received very well.  I ran over five minutes, but that wasn't too bad.  It seems that there was a favorite quilt for everyone.  A bunch of photos and questions were fielded about patterns too.  It was great that my Mom was in town at the time otherwise she wouldn't have had a chance to be at one of my presentations.  Thanks Canyon for the opportunity to share my hobby.  The next "sharing" will be for Friendship Quilt Guild in September when I will teach No Klucks Here! at Quilters Paradise. 

Last night once again I was disappointed with the Oklahoma City Thunder loss to the Miami Heat.  They play so good or are down with a strong finish, but sadly miss the win by just a couple of points.  Down 3-1 in the series of 7 games looks grim for the young Thunder team.

Today is Wednesday which means the rest of the week is down hill from here.  Hope you are getting everything done as you'd set out to do at the beginning of the week.  Happy sewing!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

That is great that your Mom could be there for your presentation.
DH is rooting for the Heat, and I have no opinion--just enjoy a good game of basketball. : )