Saturday, June 2, 2012


My two challenges for June have been revealed.  Above is the Tree of Life pattern that is #12 from the 2012 UFO Patchwork Times Challenge.  This one should come together very quickly.  Its a miniature that measures 11" x 13" by the Temecula Quilt Company.  I am interested in miniatures, but haven't done many of them yet in my quilting.  Not sure what color fabric I'll be using.  Any ideas for a "K" name?  How about Koppice (coppice) which means a grove of small trees?  I'll probably take the extra sewing time during the month to get ahead on one or both of two remaining UFOs that have lots of HSTs, Klowning and Kaktus.


Next up is the pattern Corn and Beans that is shown on the right in the top row.  I might bring this one back into more terra cottas and browns like I used in the Log Cabin pattern that was January's block.



2 comments:

Janet O. said...

The little tree will be very cute--if you name it koppice won't you have to make a few more to form a grove? : )
I love the corn and beans block, and your color choices for it will make a nice balance with your current blocks.

NancyA said...

May not fit the name of the pattern (tree of life), but it looks like a Kandelabra to me.:0)