Design Wall Monday, June 15, 2020

This is what I've been working on and both on my Design Wall today.  My block 6 of 12 in the Fit to Frame series.  I will be auditioning from my stash the next background fabric to use.  I have been using a single fabric for two blocks.  It is planned to continue in this fashion.  This project has been going on for sometime now.  It was used during my trips to the East Coast, but in light of less traveling about for now they have been worked on at home.  The applique technique is needle turn with paper template on the top and fabric below turned under with the needle to match the paper template.
This is the first of several blocks that will make up my Autumn Love project.  This block will also use a bias maker to create the stem of the flower and the legs of the crow (plus other like applique pieces throughout the project.  I don't have any of the bias makers yet.  With the run on them for mask making they are hard to find.  I want only Clover brand; four different sizes.  I found two from Joann that are on their way to me now.  Fortunately for this block one of them is the size needed for both the stem and legs.  The applique technique is Lori Holt's light interfacing sewn to the right side of the fabric and turned, appliqued down either by machine or hand.  I will be hand appliqueing.


I am about to pick up on the started Yule Glow project in mind for my friend Bonnie.  Along with preparing for the next two applique blocks.  Both Fit to Frame and Yule Glow are 2020 UFOs.  Visit again =^.^=

1 comment:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

I like the pumpkin and crow. Cute Yule glow will be your next project, a lot of nice colors.