Design Wall Monday, January 18, 2016

Well as it ends up I didn't get too much sewing done Sunday.  Mostly chores until early afternoon when I went to Rosie's!  I needed some fabrics for my Friday workshop at Road to California.  The workshop is called Chic Kisses led by Jenny Pedigo.  Jenny will be a new designer for me.  I went online looking for others who had made this project and their results.  I found one much more scrappy and decided to go this route.  These are the fabrics I will be using for my yet to be named project.  Some of these fabrics come from my stash which is a good thing =^.^=



It will be the first time using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  On the right the first six fabrics are paired up.  Each of the blocks has a focus fabric and a matching solid.  The last two don't have a mate yet.  Depending on how the first three look sewn up it might be that the pink and blue solids will be their partners.  The black and whites along with the six fabrics on the top left are the scrappy part of my project.  Lastly, the solid white and the light gray tucked in the middle will be my setting squares and backgrounds.  Kaffe Kisses comes to mind as a project name...any other ideas?


Kalvery Month 1 was completed.  I am happy with this start.  Kanton Kull will be started this week.  I have the pieces cut.  We shall see how far I can get with just a couple of evenings sewing before Road to California weekend.

There is more to be seen today through the links at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Your blocks look so good! You've done a fantastic job.

Kate said...

Very fun fabrics selected for your new project. I really like those brights with your neutrals. Your Kalvery blocks turned out beautifully!

Janet O. said...

I love your star blocks! Haven't made any of Jenny's patterns, but I have followed her blog for quite a while. She is a sweetheart!
Kaffe Kisses is a great name. The first thing that came to my mind when I read the name Chic Kisses was Klassy Kisses.