Saturday, December 3, 2011

I did not have the normal Saturday sewing with Kerry.  She's in retail and this is a busy time for her with Macy's.  I may have changed the routine anyway since I have so much catching up to do with all the sewing projects I have going on in my sewing room.

When I got home from my Thanksgiving trip I had a package from Australian Homespun.  I won the the Readers' Showcase for Volume 13 No 2 which goes on sale in Australia on February 8.  Thank you Elizabeth Newton, Deputy Editor of Homespun and Clover for great quilting tools!  The 60mm rotary cutter and case are items I've been hankering to have in my tool box!

As I closed the evening on Friday I had quite a few Step 2s completed. 

I was so excited to get going in the morning that before 8am I had finished all 72 blocks plus one for good measure.    Before the day is done...after all the household chores these will be trimmed down and Step 2 will be done. 

I'll be working on Step 1 next.  I've got 145 of these to cut and sew.  Friday during lunch break I did get a few cut, but much more to do before this step in complete.

I'm planning on the November UFO Kourageous Heartsease next and then it's on to the BOM for Sunshine and Step 3.  Korabell and her kitties will have to wait along with Komplikated and the Chunky Churndash project.  Bonnie Hunter sure has me busy!

Hope you have something fun in work in your sewing room.

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I'm keeping busy with a Bonnie Hunter pattern, but not the mystery quilt. : )
You have been accomplishing a lot! And what a fun package.