Design Wall Monday, June 6, 2011

Are you enjoying your Monday?  I'm hoping mine will go swiftly.  I've got loads to do before the quilting retreat that starts Thursday.  Today I spent most of the day getting ready for my Mother's visit that starts Tuesday.  After dinner dishes were put away I found time to get back to Hawk's Nest by Bonnie Hunter. 


This project is one of the three I'll be bringing with me to work on at the retreat.  I'm trying to get the cutting done so it's pedal to the medal for piecing.  I've got that stack of lights to cut into 8.75" squares and 2 3/8" strips of cheddar to cut yet.  I will be working during my lunch break on trimming up those bonus HSTs into 2" squares.  I'll keep you posted on this project in the days ahead.

Later tonight after getting Hawk's Nest cutting finished, I plan to pull fabrics for the second project I'll take Perennial Petals.  Perennial Petals will pull from my batik stash!  There are lots of HSTs in this too.  My third project may or may not get cut...but then I may not have time to get to it during the retreat either.  I think it's much better to have too much than not enough, don't you?

Check out other Design Walls today at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Wow, I would love to have that stack of neutrals, you can send them back home with your mom... lol Have a great week.

Janet O. said...

I love the colors you have for your Hawks Nest quilt. You definitely have ambitious plans for your retreat. Will be waiting to see your progress.

Quilter Kathy said...

I like to have everything cut before I go on retreat...then you can relax and sew...enjoy!