Sunday Stash Report, November 11, 2012


Let's start with a purchase.  This fabric already has a home with my current project Karen's Knines.  I had the 9-patches complete on Thursday.  I didn't have a yellow with red that I wanted to use for the setting blocks and triangles as well as the outside border.  I went to the new Bits and Pieces along with Paradise Sewing that are both in Poway without success.  A drive to Rosie's in La Mesa on Saturday paid off.  It was also fun to see friends although I didn't have much time to chat since DH was being ever so patient waiting for me in the car.  I'm ready to finish Karen's Knines!  It's a Bonnie Hunter pattern in her second book called Sister's Nine Patch.


Another purchase at Rosie's was for a couple of black on white that I'll need to beef up my stash a bit for Bonnie Hunter's annual mystery called Easy Street that's set to start on November 23rd.


A very happy time for me this week.  I've been wanting to put up a design wall for so long.  It came to be starting Friday with the purchase of the foam board, nails, washers, and T-pins.  Saturday morning I cut the pieces to size and readied all the tools.


DH found all the studs...we measured and double checked that we were right...  DH used his might and powered in the nails.  He couldn't figure out why I was so elated...  The top of the design wall measures 114" and from ceiling to floor is 78".  It stops just above the light switch on the right side and just above the electrical outlet from the floor.


At Rosie's if I spent enough which is not too hard for me to do in a quilt shop :)!...you could get 40% off a notion.  Since I needed two king battings, one white and the other black, guess what I used my discount on?  Yes, Warm and Natural is considered a notion :)!  If they would have had a black it would have come home with me too.  My plan is to put black on the foam board first and then white over top.  This way I can cover up the industrial look as DH calls it and have both white and black design walls if the need should present itself.  I'll remove a few T-pins and roll the white batting up to the top to expose the black batting.


So here's my numbers for this week.  Nothing to claim today, but I'm pretty certain I'll have one or two finishes next week. 

Used this week: 0  yards
Used YTD: 263.25 yards
Purchased this week: 5.5 yards
Purchased YTD: 135.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 128 yards



3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Your fabrics are perfect choices for the Sisters Nine-Patch! Since seeing it in person at our Guild last week I am itching to make it. Ooooo - so many quilts so little time!!! :*)

Betty said...

Well, I know that you are happy, got DH working and now you have a grand place to work your wonders. Very happy for you. Like the choices your purchased, the fabric will go well.

Janet O. said...

Beautiful fabric choices for your Sister's 9=patch, Sandi. That is another of Bonnie's patterns that I have been eyeing.
Aren't you just thrilled to have a design wall? That is exactly how we made mine last year. I thought I had used the natural color of the Warm and Natural, so I am trying to figure out why the printing on the insulation isn't showing through on mine. Has me very curious.