Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What fun we had last night (after we got through the nasty traffic).  So much going on that we nearly missed announcing the winners of the Guild's Yearly Challenge.  The winners are:  Best Applique by Jennifer, Best Paper Pieced by Mary, and Best Pieced by Carol.  Congratulations for a splendid job.  Each received a WINNER Ribbon and a Gift Card to one of the local quilt shops in the area.  The next part of the project is to assemble the entries into an Opportunity Quilt for 2012-2013.  There were not as many blocks turned in as was hoped so the board will discuss how to proceed.  There is a group ready to meet to make the star border.  We'll wait to see what's next.  This is my "Let Freedom Out" offering; an attempt at the Declaration of Independence.


The evening also brought lots of 9-patches my way.  This swap is for the gazillion 9-patches that are needed for Bonnie Hunter's Crabapple design from her last book.  Four swappers; Bonnie Sue, Debbie, Debra, and Kerry turned in their swap.  At this time I have seven of the 18 that need to find their way to me by the end of June.  Bonnie Sue was so sweet to me; gifting me with a red batik FQ for organizing the block swap.  Thank you Bonnie Sue!

Kerry and Debra

Debbie and Bonnie Sue
This tulip block was made by my Mom during the retreat last weekend.  It was made for the Project Linus Coordinator in her area as a celebration of all her dedication.  The only requirement was neutral in color.  Mom brought with her a few projects we will be working on together tonight and tomorrow.  Both are from block swaps recently completed.  Chunky Churndashes and Hot Air Balloons.  There are other things being sewn while I'm at work that I'll share with you soon.


Last night I had some quilts for Show and Tell that questions were asked about the patterns.  Kamile information can be found HEREKatnip Krazy information can be found HERE and on earlier posts.

Wish there were more hours in the day to spend in my sewing room.  Have a wonderful day!





No comments: