Design Wall Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy June! I have on my wall Knickels.  All 80 blocks finished; time now for assembly.  I want to get this together to take with me on the quilting retreat this weekend.  I will be working to finish it with the inner and pieced border that come next.


These are the pieces that will be used for the picket fence pieced border.  Half of the dark and the light rectangles will be cut in half again making 2 1/2" squares.  I'll be using my Sewline pencil next.


This is my June UFO with Patchwork Times.  The pattern seems to have missed something.  None of the pieces are sewn together except the HSTs; suppose things could be different once sewn.  But notice that the sides of the tree need more to finish into a block.  Also notice that to the right and left of the tree trunk need something to complete its block.  The only pieces left are the two triangles.  I've got enough fabric to make it work one way or another.




That's it from my sewing room for today.  My Mom arrives for two weeks tomorrow around noon.  It has been too long since we've been together.  She will be bringing lots of projects to finish and several waiting to get started on.  One project that we will both be working on that's due the end of June is our Crabapple Block Swap.

Find time to see other sewing room projects with the links at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

marcella said...

Your Knickles quilt is just wonderful! That is a whole lot of blocks you've made. Good luck figuring out that tree block - looks like quite the puzzle.

Lori said...

chuckling--are you sure that tree isn't a "mystery" quilt?