Design Wall Monday, February 13, 2012

I've been working on my Sunshine Pineapple by Vicki Stratton and Barbara Jones.  This is my  February 2012 UFO with Patchwork Times.  I've got the fabric foundations ready for the pineapples.  It's the oranges, golds, and burnt oranges sewn in a half square log cabin layout.  The burnt oranges are sticking out right now, but I think they'll give just a bit of change to make all the pineapples a bit more interesting...if not they come out!  Fusible web along with the fabric foundations get cut next.  The greens are for the leaves which are next up.
This assortment will be the first border.  They will combined the background into half square triangles.
Then there will be a small solid dark for the second border.  Finishing up with a piano key outer border which will be all these scraps.
My entire project is using scraps.  I was really hard pressed to use this great blue print background.  I've been holding on to it for just the right project...this is it!  Koknut No! is in full production.

Check out other great projects with the link on my side bar to Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love all your batiks!

Janet O. said...

I remember this quilt--you showed it to us recently. It is so fun and glowing! I love the batiks you are using. It will be a beauty!

Kathie said...

Love all the border batiks.

Quilt Monkey said...

Fantastic colors! I can't wait to see the finished product. And stash busted to boot!