Saturday, June 30, 2012


June's Corn and Beans block complete!  This one is really colorful.  I tried to add back in more of the browns and cheddards that was used in the first two blocks but you can see it was a feable attempt.  Looks like blue won out on this one.  I do love it though.  I'm finding I like the more colorful blocks since March's Trip Around the World block.  I still think they'll all work together in the end.


Can't wait to hear what Jo selects for July in this Quilt Square Quilt Along with the wonderful designs of Lori Smith in her Quilt Squares pattern series.  This block comes from Quilt Squares #4.

I'm off to a little exercise then meet up for lunch with Kerry.  When I'm in that area I'll be stopping by at Quilter's Choice to see if they have any of the fabrics I'm looking for.  I need three different novelty fabrics; a black and white 1/4" check, a clown themed fabric for borders, a dog themed fabric for borders.  Enjoy your Saturday. 

7 comments:

Betty said...

Nice colorful block, it will all fit in with each other, should be a beautiful quilt, just like the rest of your quilts.

Quilter Kathy said...

A great block and they all look fabulous together!

Janet O. said...

Your block looks wonderful! I'm a warm colors kind of gal, but I do love the ones with more color--and I think they work well together, too. : )

Rose said...

Great job. I tried to do a corn and beans block once and it was not easy. In fact it was a Lori Smith pattern that I never completed.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your block - great choice of colors! Your blocks look great together! ~Jeanne

Jo said...

You've been busy...Love that block.

Deb A said...

I think they look great together! Great job on the color choices.