Design Wall Monday, July 16, 2018


This is the start of the John Deere commissioned quilt for a two year old boy.  Violet Anne has this coming to her in August when I travel to Maryland.  The piece of yardage on the right is the back.  Mom and I came together with our stash for this one so far.  

The fabric on the left will be used for the binding.  I'll be cutting it on the bias for the diagonal affect.  The pieces to the right are components of the pieced border that will go around the project.  I'm working towards a crib size or 40" x 60".

The photo above shows the finished look of the pieced border and the many solid borders to build up the size to what I want.  Kerry is lined up for quilting with a very cute tractor design.  I will be sharing the pieced border next time.

Sunday Stash Report, July 15, 2018


Let me begin with a finish.  Thanks Judi and Janet for your suggestions, Kazmiera and Kandescence, but this project will be called Kapricorn.  It doesn't much go with the snowballs part of the design projects name although it does with the stars 😎  Thank you Wombat Quilts for sharing your designs.  I did put the fifth block on the back so no work lost on this one.  The best part is it turned out great and all with stash!  There were no measurements provided for the project.  My WAG brings me to 6-1/2 yards for top, back, and binding.

Used this week:  6.5 yards
Used YTD:  95.5 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  29.25 yards
Net used in 2018:  66.25 yards


The next project to sew is a gift for a two year old boy that Violet Anne has me making.  John Deere themed as you might see from the second print in from the left.  Stop in tomorrow to see what Judy Laquidara's 60 Pieced Quilt Borders Mix & Match book is doing for this project.

Design Wall Monday, July 9, 2018


I'll have this one done before there is even enough time to give it a name!  It has been wonderful to change my sewing technique for this project.  Now to decide which of the four blocks to put on the front!  A little help please 😼 (How do you like my kitty?  Just learned how to do it on blogger.)
Block 1
Block 2
Block 3
Block 4
Block 5
Block 5 isn't finished but you get the idea.  Color probably means more than pattern, but then again some look like the patterns go better together.  Help me choose!
Close Up of the completed blocks
I'll be back on Wednesday with Block 5 sewn together to see if you might just change your mind...

Jean you are pretty good at "K" names; what do you think?  Anyone else have a good idea?

Sunday Stash Report, July 8, 2018


This is where I ended my sewing for the week.  Snowballs and Stars is coming along nicely.  These are the first three of five that I will assemble.  Once they are complete a decision on which four to use will need to be made.  The back will be the home of the looser =^.^=  (Janet, I have Konstellation in part of a quilt's name; otherwise it is perfect.  I will probably look to the stars though for inspiration.)

Nothing changes my stash this week.  Next week's report will spin the numbers when Snowballs and Stars is complete.  Until next time - 

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  89.0 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  29.25 yards
Net used in 2018:  59.75 yards

Design Wall Monday, July 2, 2018




These are all partial photos of Kandiyohi.  A big one it is; finishing at 90" x 104".  If I hadn't run out of the brown fabric used in the border, I'd probably have put another 2 1/2" finished border on the outside.  As it stands now it is big enough and the brown fabric I shared  yesterday will be good for the binding.





Next up is Snowballs and Stars.  I mentioned yesterday that a name hasn't been determined for this one yet.  I have one of the four paper pieced stars finished except for sewing the units together.  A second block (these finish at 12") is waiting for the last two pieces on all eight units.  Fabrics are figured out for the remaining two blocks and for good measure and well just because I want to see how all blocks work together a fifth block will be made.  One of the five will end up on the back.

I was in a generous mood this weekend.  I gifted three quilts.  The recipients were family and a close friend.  Krates, Komplete Komotion, and Kayenne have new homes.  Big smiles filled my heart.


Sunday Stash Report, July 1, 2018



A trip to Rosie's Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop brought my stash numbers up a bit this past week.  At the top of the fabrics is a a black and white cat print that will be used on a new project I will be sharing progress tomorrow (Snowballs and Stars no "K" name yet).  The next piece down and the bottom piece are both for Kandiyohi.  There isn't quite enough of that second piece for Kandiyohi's back so creative use of scraps will come to play.  The brown will be for the binding.  The third piece down is for a back, probably Kontingency which is the last of my 2017 UFO projects.  I'll be working on Kontingency once I figure out what colors for the arrow design that will be used.

I did finish Kandiyohi so a big reduction in the used category as well.  It was a good change this week.

Used this week:  25.75 yards
Used YTD:  89.0 yards
Purchased this week:  10.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  29.25 yards
Net used in 2018:  59.75 yards

Join me again tomorrow for a look at Kandiyohi finished and my new project which is yet to be coined =^.^=