Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The fabrics arrived yesterday for this project.  Kaitlyn is having a girl in November and these are the colors she selected for a quilt.  Most of the jelly roll fabrics, Anna by Laundry Basked Quilts, will work with just a few of the darker and lightest not.  The larger neutral will be for the background and binding.  The green will be for the back.  Not going to share too much more since Kaitlyn is watching =^.^=

This is the September BOM with Sunshine.  Lorna is coordinating the BOM 20-21 Year.  She also selected September to come up with the first for the membership design.  Mine are done and will be in the mail to her on Thursday.  It is Basket Weave Strings, a FREE pattern, by Bonnie Hunter.

Mid-week already!  We have a particularly hot day in San Diego today and forecast for the next several days of more the same.  The air quality is getting better every day with the Valley Fire nearly out.  Take care everyone.

Design Wall Monday, September 14, 2020


The foundation papers arrived so I will be back in business making more Candy Cat blocks.


These are combinations I hope to do something with.  The purpley pinks on the right are ready along with the yellow and black at the top left.  I'm still working on the other three.

I am very anxious to get back to Star Strings #4 2020 UFO.  Perhaps there will time this week to get from cut units to a few sewn blocks.  Have a wonderful week ahead.


Sunday Stash Report, September 13, 2020

 

Fifteen cats complete.  This is the half way point of blocks.  I have pulled some combinations of fabrics for several more.  Anxious to make a red cat next.  There will be more on this tomorrow from my Design Wall.

Today was a day of binding and football watching.  I finished three today.  The first one is  charity quilt.  It is made from three different projects' orphan blocks.  I made a few more to get to this finished size.

Kadaddle is the next one finished.  I showed you on a previous post Kadaddle's Kopy so you may think you are seeing the same project, but no =^.^=

Kloves is the last of my binding projects for now.  The project used Halloween and Fall theme fabrics although the Halloween fabrics get lost with the size of the finished units.  Can you spot the spider webs and pumpkins?

Nothing changes this week, but there will be an add next week...I have some fabrics coming in to make Kaitlyn's baby girl a quilt.  I am ahead of her birth that is not until November.  Should be just the right amount of time to have it done in time.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  108.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  15 yards
Net used in 2020: 93.75 yards

Design Wall Monday, September 7, 2020


Candy Cat project is on my Design Wall today.  12 out of a possible 30, if I make the full project, are done.  The newest one is on the bottom left.  Who doesn't like polka dot fabrics?

This one will be cat 13.  Can you guess what fabrics I will use for each part of the block?

Most of the week has been watching NBA finals and binding.  Krispin is finished entirely.  I'm 100% pleased with this one.  I was a bit skeptical on how the vines would finish with the machine couching stitch, but all in all happy with the results.

Kadaddle Kopy finished too.  This one is just 13" by 16".  100% pleased here too!  Kerry does such a great job with the quilting.  I'm working now on the next binding project with just the sleeve left to stitch in place on it.  I still have another three yet to get the binding started.

More cats on tap =^.^=  Hope you have a nice Labor Day and say a little prayer for the victims of 9/11 later this week.


Sunday Stash Report, September 6, 2020

 

There are two finishes today!  First up is the 2019 UFO #5, A Quilt for Mrs Chalmers.  I didn't get much help with names this time out and I'm not feeling the suggestion (keep trying though).  I was laughingly thinking A Kwilt for Kwiltnkats, but that is pretty silly!  I brought mine down in size to 41 x 49 1/2 inches.  I'm tossing around a couple of fabrics for a back.  I have a binding already decided upon.

My second finish is not a UFO.  It is the Jelly Snowflake Mystery that Sue coordinated for several of us recently.  I do have a name inspired by the word imagine a word that I picked up from the National Geographic Channel on Elephants.  The true story is how an elephant that was being mistreated and illegally used to gain wealth for it's owner was rescued.  The group that did the rescue does a spiritual ritual once the elephant is free.  During the ritual the elephant is given a name.  The elephant in the story was given the name Kalpana which means imagine.  So Kalpana my mystery project becomes finishing at 39 x 39 inches.

I am back to starting on another UFO.  This time a 2020 UFO #4, Star Strings by Pam Buda.  The setting triangles (blue in pattern) are the stones at the top.  My sister picked up this fun fabric not too long ago.  The pieces already cut will become the backgrounds for the 32 stars.  I have various strips in neutrals planned for the center of the stars with the tips of the stars also using the same neutrals.  The pattern gets it's name from the center of the stars.  The star blocks will finish at 4 inches square.  Another small project.

Before I get further into the Star Strings project there are four sets of fabrics selected for more Candy Cats =^.^=  Next post might have some new cats to add to the eleven that are done now.  Oh, there are also four 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch string blocks to be made for the October Sunshine BOM.  The guild is ready to get going with Zoom!  Our September meeting is Tuesday.  Until tomorrow I submit to you new stash numbers!  Hope you are keeping cool.  It is hotter than hot in San Diego today.  Thankfully AC is on...

Used this week:  7.75 yards
Used YTD:  108.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  15 yards
Net used in 2020: 93.75 yards