Design Wall Monday, June 25, 2012


Since I finished my June UFO so quick, I decided to get a start on another UFO that hasn't yet been selected.  This one is Klowning.  It's a Bonnie Hunter design called Little Monkey that is FREE on her website.  These are the 36 blocks it will take.  I've decided on a purple for the cornerstones of the sashing.  This one is going together super fast as the HSTs were already finished; leftovers from my Kerfuffle quilt made earlier this year.  The 2" green or yellow centers were already cut too.  I found the black multi dot and more of the white on white for the connector squares and the sashing. 


I've spent Sunday evening cutting out my Quilt Square Quilt Along block that's due the end of the month with Jo's Country Junction.  It's the Corn and Beans block at the top left that I'll be making.  All these squares become triangles.  The smaller squares (1 7/8") become HSTs.  I made an attempt to go back to cheddar and brown as the primary color, but still pick up the newer fabrics I've been adding the last three months.


So what's on your Design Wall this last Monday in June?  See others if you have the time at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

very nice to get the jump on another UFO!

glen

Teresa said...

these are happy little monkeys, very cute. should have worked on a future UFO myself but instead started more. OH well!

Janet O. said...

That is such a happy quilt you have on your design wall. And isn't it fun when leftovers come together to make something so slick?
You little square fabrics make me smile. It will blend beautifully with the blocks you have made, I think!

Judy D in WA said...

Cute, cute, cute! Isn't it great to have the parts ready to make into blocks.

Kate said...

Very pretty little monkey blocks. Congrats on getting this month's UFO done already and moving right along to number 2!

Betty said...

Ha, can't see the monkey in this block, must be missing something? Nice blocks