Sunday Stash Report, June 10,2012

First Sunday of June. We are finishing our "quilting retreat high". Back to reality after 3pm...laundry, putting things back in their proper places..."oh yes DH dinner is on the way"...

Mom has gifted me twice with the purple batik and cool scissors.  The purple batik came from Old Towne Stitchery a new ownership quilt shop located in Leonard Towne, Maryland.  The scissors came from a quilt shop located a bit closer to me.  We went there for their monthly club event and everyone who showed up got 15% off any item from their notions wall that morning.  These scissors have very tiny serrated blades.  I'll be giving them a try in the coming days.  Thanks Mom!


During Mom's flight out her portable sewing table was broken.  She definitely needed one for the retreat so a check on inventory at Rosie's was required.  Fortunately they had one and also this new book that Jo's Country Junction recently reviewed.  I signed up for the generous give away, knowing my odds of winning...Rosie's has another item less in her inventory.  This book holds some fabulous patterns.  Of the ten or so designs I'd like to make at least five of them.  I purchased a 1/2 yard of fabric for my guild challenge from Rosie's too, but it's a secret project I can't quite yet reveal!


I did make a couple of purchases building my stash just a bit.  The red on the top was a "must" for Knickels.  I worked on and finished the quilt during the retreat.  We all had fun auditioning the inner border for color.  What would you think of blue?  Blue along with tan and gold were considered, but the red won out.  Cozy's had the red I needed along with a big piece of Kona Black at 20% off since it was end of bolt piece.

Knickels, Pat Speth's Dawn to Dusk






Used this week: 10 yards
Used YTD: 141.75 yards
Purchased this week: 5 yards
Purchased YTD: 47.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 94.5 yards

Come back later this week for pictures of what we worked on at the retreat.  Lot's of quilters reporting in on how they've used their stash at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

In my mind, you can never go wrong with red! It's a beautiful quilt and the red is the perfect pop of color.

Betty said...

The red in your Knickles quilt really turned out great. It really showed the beautiful pattern off. The retreat was a super good time, with a lot of special friends.

Janet O. said...

Oh yes, that red really makes a statement!
I love your purple batik, too!