Thursday, January 17, 2013

I finished the last piano key boarder last night for Kwitcherbitchin.  I trimmed it to 5" wide this morning and attached it.  Another project done!  Thanks Mom for the neutral with gray strings.  This design of Bonnie Hunter's (Pfefferneuse) is one I wanted to make along with a need to lighten my dark browns, grays, and blacks.


I'll be cutting 10 1/2" squares for the back.  The quilt is 85" x 85".  That means at least 90 squares to cut and sew.  These are the fabrics I'll be using to begin with; I'll see how far they take me.  I prefer to use lighter fabrics for the back, but I do want to use my stash so I'll go for these medium grays.  I'll also find a way to put the orphans into the back...give it a little zing!


Yeah!  I have numbers to record as used on Sunday.  Check back soon.  Happy Thursday.



4 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Hooray! Great finish!

Lynette said...

woohoo!!! :D I really love the colors and movement in this.

Betty said...

Very nice, like the piano keys, really does a great job.

Janet O. said...

A great finish, Sandi. The strings and pinwheels give this quilt so much life! And that border is a great frame for it.