Sunday Stash Report, January 27, 2013


Today I report my first purchases of the year.  Not too much and only one that really becomes stash if you know what I mean.   The fat quarters on the left and the one on the top in the middle are for the class Seven Sisters Simplified that I took on Friday at Road to California Quilt Show.  I'll be sharing pictures of the pattern and what I was able to accomplish in the class in tomorrow's post.  The larger piece was calling out to me.  It's a gray background fabric that was the last 2 1/2 yards on the bolt.  I can always use a piece like this.  I have plan to make more of the quilts in the Spotlight on Neutrals book by Pat Wys where it will work perfectly.  The fabrics on the right are more for my Kuibble project that is a UFO this year from the pattern Licorice Allsorts.  I'm not including these in my stash since they were a gift...


I kept my fabric purchases at Road to California minimal too.  I purchased more grays for Seven Sisters Simplified project and more white on black prints for Kuibble.


I picked up a few other items which I'll also share tomorrow.  So here's my report for this week.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  46 yards
Purchased this week:  5.25 yards
Purchased YTD:  5.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  40.75

See how others used their stash at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the lage grey piece you got - and with your progress so far, you are still firmly in the black - hope you had fun at the show!

Angie in SoCal said...

I think like you - if I buy fabric and it is going into a project I'm working on or soon cut, it didn't go into my stash, so it isn't counted. Great use in just one month!

Janet O. said...

I recall seeing the Licorice Allsorts quilt on another blog a year or so ago. I think it is so pretty.
Looking forward to seeing more of your Road to California experience.

Kate said...

You were definitely restrained at the quilt show, those are usually my downfall. Very pretty acquisitions.

Quilting Nonnie said...

Lucky you to go to Road to California. I wish I could have your restraint when I go to quilt shows. I admire how much fabric you've used in ONE month. Wow!