Thursday, January 10, 2013


I don't remember if I mentioned that I've found a group to participate with in finishing UFOs this year.  I'll be participating in Aunt Marti's "Thirteen in '13 UFO Challenge".  You can find out about the Challenge HERE or go to www.52Quilts.com that is Aunt Marti's website.  I've also got a button on my right side bar that will get you there.  Pictured above are my UFOs for the year.  I've got whatever I've started in bags waiting for their month.  If you want to learn about my UFOs another selection on my right side bar called 2013 UFOs will get you there.  Each have their own pattern photo and information about the project...along with a number that Aunt Marti will give us once a month to work on throughout 2013.  You may wonder why there are thirteen?  The extra one is "extra credit" according to Aunt Marti.  I'm looking forward to the year ahead.

For the month of January #5 was selected to work on.  I had already decided that Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street would be the one I would finish in January so it became #5.  The rest are yet to be known (I like this part of the Challenge).  I am working on the borders right now.  I decided to change from one piece borders to a pieced border using the 4-patch design within the quilt.  I'm real excited about how it is looking so far.  A single teal fabric will be used for the binding to help rest its wonderful busy design.


Kushy Kourt
I will be busy today making the borders.  Check back tomorrow for today's accomplishments.  Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

You are so stinkin' organized, Sandi! Puts me to shame--and inspires me. Kushy Kourt looks really good. Love that border you are adding.

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

I am glad that you found a good challenge that pleases you, I too love the border you are adding.

Teresa in Music City said...

It's looking wonderful!!! I've decided to go ahead with the solid border for mine - when I get it done that is. I'm still assembling blocks. But I hope to have it done by the end of next week :*)

Good luck on the UFO's! You get so much done, I have every confidence you will get those puppies whipped up and done in plenty of time each month!