Design Wall Monday, January 14, 2013


Today starts with Kwitcherbitchin nearly complete.  I'm on the last border side.  I really have come to like the way sewing strings on foundation works.  A couple of years ago I'd have thought nothing about sewing fabric strips together for the piano key border...but the sewing and end result seem much more precise using a foundation.  Any fabric, light weight interfacing or paper works.   My preference by far is a tear away interfacing fusible or not.  My SIL found some sewing items at a yard sale and thought of me.  Two of the items she picked up were two rolls of Sulky Totally Stable Iron-On Tear Away Stabilizer.  That's what you see under my machine.  My borders are 5" and the roll was 12" wide.  I cut the stabilizer in half and the length of the border I needed.  The basket has the strips ready to sew and away I go!


At first I thought I'd use a beige inner border, but once I put this gray geometric up and the pieced border next to it...the decision was made.  I have everything prepared now to assemble.  The only thing that remains is a bunch of pins and about an hour.  Kwitcherbitchin will be ready for quilting!


Now what project should I work on next?  For more inspiration see others working on their projects at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Wow, this is really turning out nice. Of course, I knew it would, Like you color choice, really ties in the pattern.

Janet O. said...

Another finish in record time!
Gray border was a good choice. Wow, the piano keys are an excellent border for this. I'm always too lazy to put that much time into the border once I get near an finish. : )

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Very nice! Love the black.