Design Wall Monday, January 7, 2013


So much going on...where to start?  First I've got Kwitcherbitchin.  I've got a mess on my sewing table for certain.  I've been taking the 12 x 12 blocks down off the design wall much of the day.  Instead of putting a solid piece border on my quilt I will be doing piano keys.  I'm pretty certain that the green dot will be the inner border and positive that I'll be using dark strings for the piano keys.  I've pulled the "keys" out and they are in the basket waiting for me.


Don't you think the green dot will be better than the green/black print?  As much as I like it...I think it is a bit too busy.  The green will probably highlight the dark strings more to my liking. I'm not 100% decided yet; more on this later during the week.



Next up is Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street.  I've decided to add a purple inner border and again changing it up a bit to include a pieced border.  I'm going to duplicate the gray and white/black 4-patches along with the green setting triangles.  I'm still playing around with how the corners will come together.  Perhaps I'll put another block from Step 7 in the corner.  I don't know if you picked up my quilts name from a previous post or not; Janet helped out on this one Kushy Kourt.


I've got a bunch of 4-patches to make...


There's sewing tonight!  See what others are doing today at Patchwork Times.  Have a wonderful week.


12 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Ooooo love your border idea for Easy Street! I'm still trying to decide whether to go with plain or pieced border. Mine's not quite together yet, so I've got time to ruminate :*) And yes, I agree on the green dot for your inner border. The other is gorgeous but way too busy. Looking forward to the big reveal on that one!

Janet O. said...

Sandi, it was exciting to see something on your cutting table that wasn't in a neat little row!! : )
The green makes a good border--but that whole quilt is so beautiful, I think you could get away with any border.
Kushy Kourt is wonderful. I can't believe that after all that piecing, you are going to piece that border, too. But then, I am still on step #1. Your border looks great!

Karen (Misiz C) said...

Both your quilts are stunning! Love your border for Easy Street. I've only got 1/3 of the string blocks done.... If I don't have them for you tomorrow, I'll get them to you soon.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

LOVE that 4 patch border...it works for me.

Chris said...

Love your quilt. I think the green dot is perfect.

Betty said...

just beautiful, great mystery from Bonnie

Unknown said...

It has been a great journey, with new friends to meet around the internet. So glad to see the cutting table, and your work on Easy Street -- Amazing how IF when we used Bonnie's color scheme, they are all different and beautiful!


Sue Daurio said...

Love your easy street! That border is really something. I was thinking about strings, but I really like what you did.

Anonymous said...

both quilts are pretty but the KYB quilt is fab! I am a green dot voter for the border. Very nice!

Lynette said...

Wow, oh wow! I came because I loved your Easy Street, and I'm IN LOVE with your Kwitcherbitchen!!! That is going to be an awesome quilt.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Great idea for a pieced border. Really goes well with the rest of the quilt.

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street is fantastic! I love the border - it will be huge and gorgeous.