Sunday Stash Report, July 29, 2012

I've had a bit a a tough week.  I have been nursing a very sore hip, thigh, and knee for the past two weeks.  I finally went to my doctor's office on Monday for muscle relaxers and pain medication.  I so hoped that the pain would just go away, but not this time.  Apparently my sciatic nerve is inflamed which is causing a very tight muscle.  Doctor's orders were lots of rest through Thursday when you may be okay to return to work...(great).  Wednesday evening after restful days with lots of ice and fitful nights with little sleep a Thursday return to work seemed the furthest from being a possibility.  Thursday I reached the same reality for a Friday return to work.  Besides working four hours from home no other work for the entire week.  This weekend has been more resting because Monday I've got to get back to work.

What's been hardest is to have nothing to do.  Gosh I couldn't even sit up long enough until Friday for even sewing...which is of course my gauge to see if I'm okay to go back to work.  If I can't sew...I'm certainly not ready to sit for nine hours at my desk not to mention no pain medication that entire time which can cause one to be drowsy.  I'm willing myself every minute today that I will get to work tomorrow!


So Friday I spent time getting the top done on the San Diego Humane Society's 26th Fur Ball "Pawradise" quilt donation together.  The blocks were jointly made by Kerry and I so we will both claim half the yardage as used.  Kerry will get it quilted and the binding sewn on by Wednesday when it comes back to me for the hand sewing of binding and label.  The event is just around the corner and we won't let the pets down!


Here's my report for this last Sunday in July 2012!

Used this week: 3 yards
Used YTD: 171.5 yards
Purchased this week:   0 yards
Purchased YTD: 100 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 71.5  yards

11 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sorry you are having a rough time, Sandi. Sciatica is definitely not fun. Hope you get relief soon!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Pawradise looks great! I sure hope you feel better soon, it definitely sounds like you're having a rough time of it.

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear about your nerve pain and hope you've had lots of rest this weekend. The dog quilt is really cute!

Shelly said...

Sorry to hear you have been having such a tough time. It takes a lot to slow you down. Pawradise turned out great! Good luck on Monday.

Teresa said...

isn't it a pain to be sick, not being able to sew is really the pits missing work not so much

kwiltnkats said...

I would be surprised if any thought differently!

kwiltnkats said...

Nice hearing from you. Are there any changes to you and DH daily schedule? Been wondering about you. Monday here I come!

kwiltnkats said...

Thanks. It will be perfect for whoever wins the silent auction.

kwiltnkats said...

All my well wishes will have me on the rebound even quicker. My DH says that one morning it will just be gone...so each morning he asks "feeling better?".

kwiltnkats said...

I'll be mailing a package your way tomorrow. Found lots of various sized HSTs. Most lights are neutrals not batik.

Betty said...

I sure am wishing you the best. Don't go to work if you are in so much pain, it will be worse trying to survieve the day. The fur ball quilt turned out really cute. It sure will add a smile to the winner.