Friday, July 13, 2012

TGIF even if it is the 13th!

I've not been doing much sewing this week.  DH has had some good programs on the television...  I've also been helping Mom with a sewing project...  Last night I made a yummy Scallop dinner and several sides that used up nearly all the pans in my cupboard.  Took quite a while to clean up the kitchen afterwards.

When I did get the opportunity pieces were cut for my part of the San Diego Humane Society's 26th Annual Fur Ball donation.  I'm working on the paws block currently.  I will be cutting around the parts of the paws that are now attached to Steam A Seam Lite II and placing them on the white fabric, ironing them down, and with brown thread to match sewing down with a blanket stitch.  Hope I don't get dizzy!


I have been making progress on Kaktus which is a future 2012 UFO that has yet to be called by Judy at Patchwork Times.  I didn't count to see where I am on the 622 flying geese units that are needed for the pattern, but I venture to say I'm about a quarter of the way there right now.


Enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Betty said...

I missed this post. I was on but must have been too early. You don't have a problem now with that blanket stitch, with that new machine it is a wiz.