Saturday, July 21, 2012


Finish!  This single star block is my July challenge block for the Quilt Along that's going on with Jo's Country Junction.  This month we were to select one of the two star patterns from Lori Smith's Quilt Squares #4 pattern.  I decided to make the single star since I have a block already with multiple stars from Lori Smith's Quilt Squares #1 pattern which was finished in March.  I really like the multiple colors but needed to bring in more of the cheddar that I started off with in January and February.  Jo's already made it known that August's challenge will be "your choice".  The Double T block is already started!

Single Star Block

Janet sent me several Kansas Troubles strips to help me with variety in my Kaktus project.  Thank you so much!  The cheddar and purples weren't part of what I had.  Terrific!  I also did take advantage of Country Loft's 27% discount today only.  I picked up the rest of the fabrics I think I'll need to finish.  Pictures of my 6.5 yards which are mostly all Kansas Troubles will be on tomorrow's post with my weekly Stash Report.

Janet's Scrap Swap

Hope your day is going great.  Until next time...


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

The purple and cheddar are harder to find, in my experience, Sandi, so I keep my eyes open for them.
I really like your quilt square. You did a great job with the colors!

Deb A said...

Great block. I like how all the inner parts are one color.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I love your block! The colors are wonderful! ~Jeanne