Wednesday, May 8, 2013



I finished the last of the paper removal tonight before dinner.  This is where Kartwheels will stay until my 2013 UFO is ready to be arranged on the design wall.

Next I started into my Sunshine BOM for May.  The meeting is next week.  This was a simple block once you figured out what dark color fabric to add.  I decided the sparkling mountains needed a sparkle and purple goes great with the yellow that was provided.  Below is the HST trimmed to 8" square layered right sides together and then cut into 2" pieces.




 The layout before sewing...


Finished!



Today during my lunch break I'll be cutting triangles for the hour glass blocks of Knautical (May UFO) and probably cut a few squares for the HST Swap too.  The HSTs need to be finished by June 23rd which will creep up on me quickly.

3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Love Kartwheels! Which JN pattern was that again? I'm thinking I may have to add it to my list of "must makes"!

Janet O. said...

Can't say enough good about Kartwheels, Sandi. Stunning, breathtaking, gorgeous--all that and more apply!
And it looks like something Teresa would make, too. : )

Betty said...

Kartwheels is fabulous, I really love it!!! I also like the colors of the BOM and also a favorite block of mine.