Thursday, May 16, 2013


I love Thursdays!  Its my day to stay in my PJs and just do whatever comes to mind until dinnertime.  Today I'm assembling portions of the border that will go around each compass.  I am excited to see that my busy background is working out as well as I hoped it would.  The above photo shows the fabrics for Koriander Kompass.  This is a project from my 2011 UFO list that I didn't finish (there are still three others in that state).  List of 2011 UFOs here.


The units aren't all sewn (yes I'm short one on the top).  I'm more interested in piecing all the compass units first.  I have two ready to assemble into the next step.  The plan is to make all nine compass units different.  The next one will have an orange center.  Photos really do help with color selection.  I like both, but want to stay a little closer to the compass on the left.  I like how bright the fabrics are next to each other.  The one on the left is a little darker, perhaps it would have been better if the small pink fabric attached to the small points (there are 16 of these) had been a lighter pink.  

One of my tasks today is to get the rest of the yardage I'll need of the background.  I only brought home a 1/2 yard for experimenting.  Memory Lane has it on hold for me in their project room.  

Hope you have the day to stay in your PJs!

5 comments:

Jennifer Thomas said...

Love that stack of fabric! The bright colors are calling to me, too. The compass blocks look like they are coming out lovely. How are you sewing the curves? I'm trying out the curvemaster presser foot for the first time today and it's working really well. No pinning, just line your pieces up and sew! Have a super day!

Janet O. said...

Oooo, I think that new background fabric is wonderful! From a distance it looks soft and muted, but up close it plays well with the bolder colors of the compasses. This is another stunner, Sandi. Makes me want to make more compasses myself!

Jennifer said...

All those fabrics are great! Hope you had plenty of time to work on it today!

Betty said...

Hope you had a good pj day. Your compasses are really nice, love your color selection, I believe this is your calling, the more challenge the more you gotta do! I too like the background, pulls everything together.

Doniene said...

Hi Sandi! Just found your blog as we were both winners of Janet O.'s latest giveaway! Love your bright cheerful compasses!!! And all your other projects are so inspiring!!

Blessings