Sunday Stash Report, May 5, 2013

Kartwheels (2011 UFO)
Kartwheels is coming right along.  I have all the borders done.  Started in on the template making Saturday evening after coming back from a sewing workshop that I'll talk about next.  When I went to bed one corner was complete and attached at the top left corner.  I'm working on the last three corners today.  Next, assembly time!
Kartwheels Corners
I took a workshop with Julanne at Bits and Pieces in Poway on Saturday.  The cow block and all the cutting you see in the pizza box are the result of that class.  Crazy 'Till The Cows Come Home by Buggy Barn.  It's in one of the newest books.  I enjoy making these patterns as they are such a departure from the sewing I usually take on.  There are 19 more cows to be made yet.  It won't become a UFO, but it does need to wait for Kartwheels and Knautical (my May UFO) to be finished before it will be worked on again.  The block below the cow is a peek at Knautical.  I'll be talking more about this pattern tomorrow.  Can you guess what my Crazy' Till The Cows Come Home project will be named?  How about Krazy Kattle...
Krazy Kattle (cow) and Knautical (2013 UFO)
My purchase this week was for Krazy Kattle.  I found the cutest fabric in the perfect color along with the 20% off sale at Bits and Pieces where the class was being held.  I don't usually purchase one piece backs as I rather prefer to make them a bit scrappy with all the left over fabrics from the project, but I found the clothes pins a bit irresistible.  As did Julanne and Debra.  I also picked up a blue FQ to add to the 20 other FQs from my stash for Krazy Kattle.
Krazy Kattle pieces and back
So for this weeks numbers there's a change.  Hope your using your stash like others you can check out through the links at Patchwork Times today.


Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  120 yards
Purchased this week:  5 yards
Purchased YTD:  38 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  82 yards

6 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, Sandi! Kart Wheels is a fabulous quilt! I love it. Your cow made me laugh - so cute. Fabulous numbers, too!

Sarah said...

All I can say is "WOW" at your Kart Wheels quilt! That is a ton of foundation/paper piecing! It looks amazing. Great stash busting numbers. Keep up the great work!

krisgray said...

WOW - what a Kart Wheel stunner! Your cow block is jus too cute.

Scooquilt said...

Good work on the fabric usage! I really like your Kart wheels quilt. Lots of detail.

Kate said...

Love your Kartwheels quilt, it's gorgeous.

At least you already have a home for most of what you brought in this week.

Betty said...

Oh my heavens, Kartwheels is beautiful, what a fabulous quilt. This is really a show piece. Krazy Kattle will be a cutie for sure. Since you are so advanced, you need more of these challenged quilts. Very nice. I think a quilt show will be ready for Kartwheels.....