Design Wall Monday, May 6, 2013


I started off Sunday morning with all the pieces done...papers still on all of it except the melon units.  It was a long day pulling paper and assembling the units into blocks.  One block (except for the corners) consists of a quarter star and either a melon or border section.  You can see I am a little over half done putting the blocks together.  It is easy taking off the papers and adding the two pieces together which makes the 6 1/2" block.

With a little bit of luck I will have the rest of the paper and blocks done Monday night.  Kartwheels is looking really nice.  It will be so nice to claim another 2011 UFO complete.

See other projects in work on the design walls of quilters through the links at Patchwork Times.  Have a wonderful week.


4 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Your quilt is going to be beautiful! I have that pattern, and seeing yours makes me want to start my own.

Cheryl said...

ohhhh...this is gorgeous. I'm not a paper piecer so I am truly in awe.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!! That quilt really has that Wow factor!! I love it!

Jennifer said...

This quilt is just gorgeous!