Wednesday, May 15, 2013



Sunshine's Guild meeting was last night.  There was a very late last minute change in the program, but it was a fun one.  The gals from Butterfly Express Quilting were sure a hoot.  Their hinge quilting idea is a neat one along with their presentation...we were a singing group last night!

The first photo are more HSTs turned in by the participants of the current swap.  From left to right Mary, Teresa, and Karen have done a nice job.  Their fabrics are varied in color with the perfect neutrals.  Five turned in with many more to come by June 23rd!


The guild had a library blow out.  There were all kinds of books being sold for $1.  I happened upon an earlier Buggy Barn Book that was calling out to me.  I listened and now it's part of my library.  The cover quilt interests me for a stash busting project.  I'm sure I can find enough fabrics that will play well together that are FQs.  If there was one lesson to learn from the last Buggy Barn class I took its to use FQs.  Its just too much work doing otherwise.

On my way to the Guild meeting I stopped at Memory Lane to add a couple more fabrics to my current project, Koriander Kompass.  I found three fabrics for it to help with the light side of the oranges and the print side of the darker pinks.  I also found a background that I had to get the opinion of my quilting sisters on using.  The combined opinion was to use it.  Visit back tomorrow and I'll show you more.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jennifer Thomas said...

Sounds like you've been busy! The Buggy Barn book looks like fun. I think I have a couple of those in my library somewhere. Have a super day!

Janet O. said...

I'm very curious about this new background for your current project!
I'm also curious about the "singing group" comment. : )

Betty said...

How did singing play a part in your quilting program, sounds unusal? I know that you are happy to get a Buggy Barn book, need to know which ones you have and maybe I would run across one that you don't have, never know????? In June my guild will be having an auction, who knows????