Design Wall Monday, August 30, 2010

Good week to all. We have a long weekend coming ahead YIPEE!

I made a lot of progress yesterday on Krimson Khat. Sorry that I never got to posting a photo of the quilt before I started the sewing. Once I had it laid out to assemble I just took off with it and before you know eight rows came together of this eleven row project. I have the blocks assembled on all eight to get it off my "Design Wall Floor" to make room for the last rows to be arranged. Krimson Khat really hogs the space.
I think I'm liking this one as much as Kool (you will need to check out my website http://www.kwiltnkats.com/ to see Kool). Hope to get back to Krimson Khat later today.
Check out all the other Design Walls on http://www.patchworktimes.com/. I've inserted a button for you to get there quick.

15 comments:

Kathie said...

Very pretty and love the color. I can't believe how quickly you got that made up.

Chris said...

This is one of my favorite quilts I have seen recently. Great work.

Tina Rathbone said...

I love it too!

Sally Hamilton said...

So pretty. Red is my favorite color. My cousin and I recently finished a red/white quilt top together and it's at the machine quilter's shop now.

Cathy said...

LOve, love, love it. It just confirms that I really do need to start collecting more reds, for a red scrappy quilt. It is just bee-you-tee-ful.

Teaquilts said...

very pretty quilt.

Betty said...

Love it! Very pretty quilt. This is my favorite kind of quilts. Great colors and it is lovely

AnnieO said...

Red and white always look so cheerful together. Great looking quilt so far--you have made amazing fast progress.

Carol B in NH said...

Love this one!

Katie Z. said...

That top is beautiful!

Karen S said...

Love red and white together -- nice quilt.

Donna said...

It looks great. I've always liked two color quilts.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Awesome quilt and in one of my fav colors....red and beige!
Thanks for visitn my blog. :)

Kerry's Quilting said...

Wow!!! That is looking great- The red/nuetral combo really pops! Can't wait to see it in person.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love your reds! Quite a contrast to my blues! LOL.

Check out Planet Patchwork for the mysteries. I have done a number of them. No matter what fabric you start out with, they ALL look great in the end reveal! I just can't convince some people of that fact though!

I also love the idea of the crystals. I would never have thought of that myself

Thanks for stopping by.