Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not too much sewing machine time so far this week. This will change later in the week.

Monday one of my guild's, Canyon Quilters, met for the monthly meeting. This meeting was the annual philanthropy gathering. Members are encouraged to bring sewing machines and/or tools to help move along charity quilts that are in all different stages of assembly. I worked on cutting several Warm Wishes kits. Some were made better by a generous donation of fabrics that evening by one of he members.

Tuesday I started pulling from my stash any red or neutral fabrics that would work for my next project called Dove in the Window by Glad Creations, Inc. I've coined my project Krimson Khat, which is the "K" version of a red bird. I selected this project because of all the piecing; something that keeps me involved longer than the last several projects! As it turns out my Stash Users System had me pretty much ready to sit down to sew. With the 2" half square triangles already prepared from leftovers of a previous project except for 33 of the 400 required and all 120 2" squares in both red and neutral already cut. I do need the bulk of the 3 1/2" red squares, as I have only 25 of the 120 required. So to the red fabric tote I'll go.... The pieces mentioned make both the Dove in the Window and Nine-patch blocks. All that is left is to pull together the sashing pieces and the border units.
Tonight has me in the red fabric tote pulling enough to cut for the sashing pieces and the border less another 38 2" red squares already cut :).... I've also been rummaging around in the neutral fabric tote too! This project is wonderful as it's taking all kinds of scraps.

Next is power sewing!

3 comments:

Betty said...

wow! that is a lot of pieces to deal with, but knowing you, that is what you like. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Kathie said...

That is going to be beautiful I am sure. Nice you have so many pieces already cut, I am not that dedicated. All leftovers get cut into 2 1/2 strips but thats it.

Kerry's Quilting said...

Wow! I want to make this quilt....someday! You go girl.