Sunday Stash Report, August 15, 2010

This week I worked on Katching Kisses. I'm nearly finished with it so I decided to report the fabric used in this week's report. I've been having trouble finding something in my stash to use for Border 2. It will be a 3 1/2" border when I can find it. I don't have enough left of the accent fabric--it would be the best choice I'm sure. Border 3 will be the same fabric as the setting corners which is also the back. I've got a little more looking through my stash to do before I say UNCLE and make a trip to one of the local quilt shops. I've really been trying to use up my stash--darn--I so wanted not to have to purchase something. Hopefully I'll find a fabric that will work from my stash; but if not ONLY purchase for Border 2! Of course I'm sure I'll be tempted with the new fabrics the quilt shop's newsletters have been reporting....

Used this week: 11.75 yards
Used YTD: 44.75 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 0 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 44.75 yards

I'll share pictures with you tomorrow on Design Wall Monday Katching Kisses. Not sure what I'll start next. I've been thinking about working down my 2" strips stash into four patches. There's sure to be a nice Bonnie Hunter pattern that I can use them on.

Go to Judy's blog at www.patchworktimes.com and see other Sunday Stash Reports.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

You are doing great on your stash reduction. I can make lots of scrappy type of quilts from my stash but so many times don't have enough of anything appropriate for the borders. Look forward to seeing your quilt picture today.

Betty said...

Hard to beleive that you haven't purchased any fabric this year. Of course, you have so much fabric in your stash. Ha, just wait until you visit a fabric store, then lets see what you purchase. LOL

kwiltnkats said...

My purchases for the year "started" with my first report which was 7/25/10. I've not purchased anything since then. Yes this doesn't seem quite fair since others participating in the Sunday Stash Report are probably calculating since 1/1/10--I had to start somewhere. I guess we start off at zero with the first 2011 report?